CBD seems to be a hot topic these days, especially for those who are into natural remedies for wellbeing.
CBD is thought to be by those who use it as a great alternative to treating illnesses and disorders such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
If you’re new to the CBD scene aren’t aware of what CBD is, we’re here to give you a quick breakdown.
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is an extract from the hemp plant. Although commonly thought to be the same thing of marijuana, which has the psychoactive ingredient THC, CBD does not have that same property so it does not give a euphoric feeling like THC.
So not that we have gotten that straightened out, let’s dig deeper into the benefits of CBD, pass its human effects, and on to how it can affect your pets.
Let’s specifically focus on how it can help your dog. Let’s talk about dog CBD.
CBD Can Calm Dogs
Because CBD’s ability to act as serotonin receptors in the nervous system in dogs, it can produce a calming effect, especially on stressed-out dogs.
Improve Overall Health
In addition to its calming effects, CBD can also be used to treat other illnesses in dogs.
These common illnesses are as following:
- Control severe pain – you can use CBD as a pain reliever for your canine.
- Arthritis and other joint issues – if your dogs are experiencing issues with arthritis or joint pains, give them CBD to help with the pain.
- Digestion – if your dog is having digestion issues and you want to help regulate their stools, CBD can also help.
- Nausea – vomiting issues can also be helped with CBD.
- Cancer symptoms – if your dog has cancer, you can have them take CBD along with their veterinarian prescribed treatment to help with the symptoms.
- Chronic inflammation – CBD has also been known to treat inflammation in dogs.
If you have tried treating these symptoms in your dog before but with no luck with over the counter medicines, you should certainly look into CBD instead.
Spot the Signs
Since we can’t speak to our dogs the way we can speak to other humans, it can be very difficult to know when your dog isn’t feeling well.
Instead, we have to rely on the signs that they communicate to us as a gage to what condition their health is in. Luckily, a lot of these signs can be treated with CBD.
If your dog is experiencing any of the following symptoms, try giving them CBD to relieve their pain:
- Losing Hair – a common sign of stress is when dogs start losing hair, especially in clumps. Since CBD is good for stress, try giving them some so that their hair will stop falling out.
- Body Pains – If your dog is exhibiting pain on certain parts of their body, give them some CBD to alleviate it.
- Improve their Appearance – CBD oil has also been known to be able to improve the coat and skin on dogs.
Do Good for Your Dog
Your dog depends on you to be there for them when they are sick. As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to give your pets the best care possible.
Giving CBD to your dogs will do just that and will keep your dog happy and healthy for years to come.
The medicinal properties of CBD are the reason why it is so popular. Many people swear by it and new discoveries are being made about it every day.
It’s time for you to see the wonders it can not only do for you but your dog as well.