We know that dogs can be the best friend of humans and they are the most trustworthy pets of all. There are so many dog lovers around the world who treat their dogs as family members. From bathing to health checkups and caring about their food needs to celebrate their birthday, dog lovers do it all with all their heart.
Well, if you are a dog lover and you have a fur baby and you are also a novice baker, then this write-up is surely for you.
You will get to know today how to make a birthday cake for your dog.
If we celebrate our birthdays with a delicious cake then why not celebrate the dog pet birthday with a cake!
And not just any other cake, a very special cake baked by you for your fur baby.
Before we start, we are considering you as a novice baker but we are also considering that you do know the basics of baking. Hence, we will take you directly to the recipe and we hope that you will implement and execute the steps with all your skills and dexterity.
Ingredients To Make A Birthday Cake For Your Dog
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter*
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- additional peanut butter for frosting, if desired
Steps To Bake The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Take two round cake pans, apply butter and line them with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Take a large bowl, add eggs, apple sauce, carrot, peanut butter, and honey. Whisk them all together until you get a smooth batter.
- Now stir the flour and baking powder in the batter slowly and steadily one after the other and keep stirring until everything mixes well.
- Now divide the batter evenly among the two prepared cake pans.
- Insert a toothpick into the batter (half in and half out) in both the pans and put them in the oven.
- Now, bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the baked batter cool for around 5 minutes into the pans and then put it out on the cooling rack so that the batter can come to room temperature.
- Put one layer of batter and frost it with peanut butter and then place the second baked layer on it and frost it too with the peanut butter.
- You can also use a bit of whipped cream to cover the cake from the sides.
- Put the cake in the fridge for some time and then take it out to treat your dog.
You Can Also Enjoy The Cake
The cake recipe that we have shared with you isn’t just for the dog and you can also enjoy it. And it’s a birthday cake which means that your dog should not be the only one to have a taste of it. It is very safe for you and your family to eat. If you don’t feel like eating it or you want it to save for your dog for the coming days, you can get it for yourself through cake delivery in Ludhiana or where you live.
You are not bound to follow the recipe exactly the way we have shared it with you. If your dog loves to eat fruits or chocolates then you can add some on top. Pedigree is one of the best foods for dogs and you can put some in the batter before putting it in the oven. You can also decorate the cake with candies in the shape of bones and your dog will surely love it, It is not also mandatory to bake a special cake for your dog. Just bake a normal cake as most of the dogs love to eat those cakes as well.
Apart from the cake, you should make arrangements for the other elements of the birthday party as well. Invite your neighbours who have dogs to the party and do not forget to click some cool and memorable pictures.